We’re a charity in Salford, Trafford and North Manchester who provide information, support and social activities for people suffering from acquired brain injuries. We also support carers, family and friends. Perhaps most importantly, we offer the chance to share experiences knowing that the group members understand some of the problems and difficulties that acquired brain injury brings.
We provide a day-centre service every Thursday from 10am until 3pm. The group meets at Salford Centre for Spiritualism, 129 Cross Lane, Liverpool Street, Salford, M5 4HH.
Job Title: Development Worker for Headway Salford Trafford & North Manchester
Pay scale: £10 per hour (pro rata dependant on experience)
Contract: 8 hours per week
Contract type: Employed – 12-month fixed term post (3-month probation)
Sick pay: Statutory
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be involved with the coordination and development of Headway Salford & North Manchester, helping to organise group activities and supporting our group members to get the most out of these activities.
You will join a team of committed and passionate individuals offering support, advice, and education to brain injury survivors and their families.
You will help organise and support group members with fun activities that aid their rehabilitation whilst also providing positive wellbeing outcomes.
You will work from our base at Salford Centre for Spiritualism, 129 Cross Lane, Liverpool Street, Salford, M5 4HH.
The ideal candidate will have a background within the voluntary or statutory sector.
You will need to be able to work individually, using your own initiative but also within the existing team.
Being well organised as well as an excellent communicator is essential.
Knowledge or experience within brain injury would be desirable but is not essential as full training will be given.
We are a registered charity established to help support those living with an acquired brain injury and their families. We help to support local people so they can rebuild their lives and reach their full potential.
· Work closely with the network manager (who will be your direct line manager)
· To support the members and their families at the weekly meetings, organise and facilitate activities at the drop-in days
· To represent Headway Salford & North Manchester in any partnership developments, as directed by the Trustees.
· To develop links with other relevant agencies, locally and nationally.
· To assist with the further development of Headway Salford & North Manchester in particular to increase the membership.
· To carry out any other tasks as directed by the Trustees to further the work of Headway.
· Work closely with volunteers to ensure service provision is safe, dynamic, and reliable.
· Whilst the network manager is on leave you will be expected to:
o Provide cover for extra drop-in sessions and work flexibly
o Manage the Headway Salford & North Manchester mobile phone and manage general emails
CLOSING DATE: Friday 15th October
INTERVIEWS: Via zoom week beginning Monday 25th October
Part-time hours: 8 per week